Friday 11 January 2008

Heathrow Airport: so here goes...

Hello from the UK for the final time! I am now in an internet cafe at Heathrow Airport - I'm all checked in at terminal 3, my flight leaves in less than two hours' time and I am just about to do all the tearful goodbyes with my family and go through security. My round the world trip is about to begin!

After an eight-hour flight I arrive in Delhi tomorrow morning, at about 11AM local time. I have a hotel room booked for the first three nights while I acclimatise to the five and a half hour time difference, and a day-long tour of the city to look forward to on Saturday. Then on Monday I start work at a volunteer camp working with street children.

So bloody hell, this is it, I'm about to go! Despite the attendant last-minute struggles I really am rather bloody excited now. Not sure what I'll make of Delhi - all the guidebooks describe it as indescribable, which helps. It sounds f**king mental and an unforgettable experience (for good and bad reasons). So we'll see.

I have to go now. See you on the other side campers!

1 comment:

  1. Delhi magic will quickly get to work and the he hell of Heathrow will seem like a bad dream.
    Thinking of you relaxing at Penthouse Chand Palace. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete