Thursday 27 December 2007

Hooray - I worked out how to post photos on this thing!

So I'll start with a quick story: electro pioneer Brian Eno was involved in a car accident one time back in the 1970s. One night, confined to a hospital bed with his injuries, he was passing the time listening to a tape of classical music. Outside, rain was drumming loudly on the windows, and so the legend goes, the sound of this mingling with the music gave him the idea to invent ambient music.

'Where is this going?' you ask. Well sometimes in life you can make your setbacks work to your advantage. "Every cloud..." and all that. I'm ill with a bit of flu, and after spending a few minutes playing around with this website, I've worked out how to upload photos!
There are clear parallels between mine and Brian Eno's life, but only I seem to spot them. Yes, I may not have achieved anything impressive like invent ambient music, but I'm not completely boring. I can play the theme to Red Dwarf on guitar. And last year I went to a barbeque!

Now I'm gonna make like Rod Stewart and "get out the polaroids" - and show you some photos I've taken in the last 3 months:

This is where I live in Meltham...

I get less nightmares since I left my old house...


Castle Hill (near Huddersfield) at sunset - I'm quite proud of this one:


This is an arty photo of some stairs I took at Huddersfield uni (Harold Wilson building).

This is my friend Anthony.

This is my mum feeding the neighbour's tortoise.


This is my dad proudly showing off some of his vegetables:


My mum feeding a horse:


A bird that got trapped in the bird-feeder (we cut it free when we found some wire clippers):


And last but not least, a cat in a window:


Well that was completely interesting wasn't it? Quite a lot of animal antics there. I have other photos, but they're either too wierd to show you or not very tasteful. (I omitted all the happy-slappings after consulting with my lawyers.) I should hopefully have a few memorable photos to post of my travels in the weeks and months to come!

God bless Google and all of its infinite featurey-ness. What next? The ability to embed toast in blog entries? That would make breakfast a doddle, and help to feed the starving millions of Africa. Sir Bob of Geldoffs ought to take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment