Thursday 12 July 2007

Ich bin ein Berliner!

Guten tag,

Berlin is ace. It's a fine city with great people. But it's raining lots. Yesterday we went on a tour with a nice Canadian woman who was a bit shouty, and looked at the Berlin Wall, which I thought was really interesting. We had a look round the city centre too. Later we went to the hostel quiz night and got trolleyed. Today we went on a short train ride to a place called Potsdam that was all pretty and had loads of castles and gardens and a windmill. We went inside the windmill to speak to the man. It's all really impressive.

Tomorrow, we're setting off on the next leg of our journey to the Ukraine. It's gonna take us - wait for it - 24 hours to get to Lviv by train. It is really bloody far. We're going via Warsaw, waiting a few hours, then catching an overnight train to somewhere or other in the north of the Ukraine, then boarding another train to Lviv tomorrow morning. To survive I'm just going to buy lots of alcohol and sit in the carriage singing bawdy songs about the seaside. I think this is a good Plan.

Tonight we're off to an underground punk gig at an east Berlin squat. This officially makes me cooler than Henry Winkler, i.e. the Fonz. The squat has been going for 17 years! There is no interesting stuff like this in England. I am very excited!

At the moment I am amused by the German word for Wednesday, Mittwoch. It sounds more like a blasphemous swear-word than a day of the week. Other than that I haven't been using my brain much.

My time is up so I'll have to dash. We're off for dinner at the Mexican across the road. See you later, bye bye, auf wiedersehn!! Peace and love.

Bondy :)

1 comment:

  1. Since when did squats have websites? Or even the electrickery to create websites? In may day... a squat was a squat.

    Anyways, remember, when you're in Ukrania, if there's unrealistically hot women there offering to do things that they don't usually offer to do. Then they are probably trying to lure you into their secret dungeon, where you will be torchered with a screwdriver by a Welsh Businessman (farmer). Don't say I didn't warn you.

    ReplyDelete